Our office in Katy, Texas requires a Business Development Professional who will work under the direction of our VP of Business Development for North America. This position will be primarily responsible for building key customer relationships with new and existing clients throughout Texas and other target markets for growing our engineering, EPCM and EPC business.
· Conduct research to identify potential clients and business opportunities.
· Identify project opportunities, generate leads and seek out partnerships when required.
· Anticipate clients’ needs and develop strategies and action plans to meet those needs.
· Cold call within a defined market or geographic area to ensure continual opportunities for business growth.
· Maintain an accurate client and opportunities list.
· Liaise with senior management to determine organizational strategy and initiatives.
· Stay up to date on the company’s local and international objectives.
· Provide BD support to the international Vepica organization.
· Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on emerging trends.
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
· Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system.
· Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals and meet targets
· Other duties as assigned.
· Highly motivated.
· Ability to work independently.
· Results orientated.
· Strategic thinking.
· 8-10+ years of Business Development experience in the energy/renewables industries.
· Post-secondary degree in engineering, business, marketing, economics, or similar.
· Previous proposal, RFI and RFP experience would be an asset.
· Proven understanding of the energy industry.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
· Strong analytical and research skills.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.
· Strong sense of integrity, confidentially and accountability.
· Preferably located in west Houston area.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required.
· Ability to drive and access to a vehicle.
· Travel may be required.
Annual salary range for this position will be between $105,000 - $120,000.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Vepica USA BD Employment Opportunity